Surprisingly, I've been doing a lot of crafting lately. I still feel that I don't have much time for it, but joining Pinterest has inspired me. Ah, Pinterest. I love and hate you. Pinterest has given me many wonderful ideas, but its highly addicting! In my last post, I introduced the cozy little blanket that I made for my nephew. And below is the coordinating quilt that I made for Finn.
I just cut different sized strips of fabric and sewed them together. Using my Cricut machine, I cut letters to iron on to the top piece. I sewed them in place just to make sure they wouldn't come off in the wash. After that I sandwiched some light batting in between the top I made, and a piece of red minky. I didn't want to quilt the whole thing because of the dot texture on the minky fabric. So I just used the stitch in the ditch method. The final touch was to add the binding. This doesn't get any easier for me. Plus the added texture of the minky fabric was extra tough to work with. But it is finished, and I love it.
How could I not make that adorable quilt for this happy little boy!
My next project was just produced tonight. I had all of the materials lying around, so I went for it. It's a cute little ornament with Finn's picture on it. I took a wood block from the craft store, sanded down the corners, and added some gold paint to the edges. After that, I cut out some Christmassy scrapbook paper and a little picture of Finn. I glued the paper on with Mod Podge, and added a layer over everything to seal it all in. After it dried, I screwed in a little hook and tied on a piece of ribbon. This project took no more than thirty minutes, and now I had a new ornament to put on my tree! I'm thinking about making one of these every year so that Finn will have an entire collection when he's grown up.
There is one other project that I have completed recently. It is a Christmas gift for someone who may or may not read this blog, so I will hold off on posting it until after the holidays.
Merry Christmas!

No comments:
Post a Comment