Saturday, July 2, 2011

Haircuts and Hives

 It has been a long day.  After waiting for Chris to get back from a few early morning meetings, we took advantage of this beautiful day.  First on the agenda was a quick trip to my friend Angel's house for Finn's very first haircut.  Angel has been cutting and coloring my hair for six and a half years, so it was only natural that Finn would see her for his first cut.  Angel's daughter was born just three days after our Finn, so we talk about our little ones quite often.  After being convinced by several people, I decided to take a little baggie home of his hair clippings.  He did great, and now looks like a little boy.
 After the hair cut, we met up with Chris's dad at Home Depot.  We collected all of the necessary materials to re do the railings on our hideous deck. 
 I'm not thrilled about having them out there without any hand rails, but I am excited to have a pretty deck!

 Once the boys got to work, I was busy baking some treats in the kitchen.  While I had some bars in the oven, I decided to whip up a quick batch of Puppy Chow on the stove.  The mixture for the Puppy Chow (or Muddy Buddies) is basically melted chocolate and peanut butter.  I thought it would be a nice little treat to give Finn a taste of the melty goodness.  I put a little bit of the chocolate/peanut butter mixture on my finger and gave him a taste.  About five minutes later he started crying uncontrollably.  I went to pick the little guy up and noticed that his face had gotten very red and bumpy.  It almost looked like he had hives on his face.  So of course I immediately started crying and ran for Chris.  He made me calm down and call the nurse line of our pediatrician.
 A dose of Benadryl and a bottle later, he was almost as good as new.  After I calmed down and realized that he was okay, I started to work myself up again.  I will be seriously bummed if this kid is allergic to peanuts! 

After a long and stressful day, I'm thankful that he fell asleep early tonight.
Hopefully I'll have some finished deck pictures to show off before the end of this long holiday weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment