Oh boy. This is currently what my craft room looks like. Since Finn was born in July, I haven't had much time for crafting or cleaning. But I recently read an article on how to declutter and get organized that has me totally motivated. So I am going room to room in our house, and I am getting rid of absolutely everything that we don't need or that I don't love. So far I have filled twelve garbage bags, and that's just from three rooms in the basement. Three bags are filled with items to be given away, and the rest are filled with trash. It's amazing and disgusting.
This is just the beginning, but I am committed to going through the entire house and to not buying any more "stuff". And hopefully when this huge project is finished, I will have some space to work on the many craft projects on my list. Let the purging begin!
Next you will come and do my house! I don't even know where to begin!
ReplyDeleteOne thing that I've taken away from the article is to only think about each object for five seconds. Any more than that and you start thinking of excuses to keep it. If you only think about it for five seconds, it's much easier to let the junk go.
ReplyDelete