Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Jewelry Niche

Last weekend, I completed a project that I have been thinking about for a long time. There's a niche in our bedroom that has been used as a catchall for whatever odds and ends we throw there. I decided to make it an area where I could organize an display my jewelry. Now it's extremely functional and it was a fun project!
I removed the glass from the frame above, and added a piece of foam board covered in a thin layer of batting and a piece of left over fabric. Then I screwed in four glass knobs to hang my necklaces on.

This frame is my favorite! Again, I took the glass out of the frame. I replaced it with a piece of perforated aluminum that was cut to size and secured it to the frame. Now it is much easier to find matching earrings!

1 comment: