Saturday, April 18, 2009

My Favorite Thing

Well, I don't currently have any new finished projects to share.  I have been working on a new quilt for myself.  My mom started, and my grandma finished a flannel quilt for my high school graduation.  In the past eight years the quilt has become very well worn, but is still very loved.   It may have been the last craft project my mom was able to work on before her passing, and I think of her whenever I wrap myself in it.  It saddens me to have to fold up the quilt and put it away, but I'm afraid if I wait too much longer there won't be much left of it.  So I've started to sew my new quilt using my mom's sewing machine, and I feel lucky that she was able to share her love of crafting with me.  
My old quilt.
The pattern I am using to make the new quilt, can be found here.  The pattern is meant for a wall hanging, but I modified the pattern so that the quilt will be large enough to wrap around myself.  I'm also using all flannel fabrics so the quilt will be very soft.  

No comments:

Post a Comment